Friday, February 4, 2011

Bacon

I love bacon.

I don't know what's been going on lately, but I have literally been obsessed with bacon. What have I found myself doing while my mind wanders away from the lecture in class (I know I know I shouldn't be admitting that... but, what's a girl to do) I have been day dreaming about bacon. What can I add bacon to? Roll in bacon? Garnish with bacon???! WELL, have I got one answer for you, everything. I eventually stopped day dreaming and started looking up bacon recipes... And oh me oh my I never knew such a world existed! I have modified a couple recipes now and my belly couldn't be happier! And well, since the Super bowl is upon us I decided to share one with you! Thankfully I have some great guy friends who let me cook for them whenever I want to, so, boys, you will be eating bacon infused dishes the whole game!



***How did this whole bacon thing get started? Well, southernliving.com is my homepage when I open the internet, and they had a loaded baked potato dip with bacon on it and well, the ball got rolling from there!




BACON SMOKIES:


What you need:

• 1 pound bacon
• 1 package little smokie sausages
• Your favorite bbq sauce
• Soy sauce
• 1 cup brown sugar-->but don't shy away from using more!


Directions:


• Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
• Mix your BBQ sauce and soy sauce, heck you can even add a little spicy mustard if you like (All to taste, but don't get too crazy--the bacon is yet to come!)
• Cover the smokies in your new fancy sauce, a nice light coating.
• Cut bacon into thirds and wrap each section around a smokie. Place the wrapped sausages on wooden skewers, try and get as many smokies on a skewer as you can.
• Arrange the skewers on a baking sheet and sprinkle them with brown sugar. It's okay to get carried away with this step! It's fun :) and yummy!
• Bake until bacon is crisp and the brown sugar melted.


And there you go! Enjoy!

I hope everyone has a fun and safe snow day!

1 comment:

  1. The cupcake place in Coprus sells a cupcake called the "lunmberjack" it's brown sugar and bacon!!!

    ReplyDelete