Thursday, May 20, 2010

Home Sweet Home!

First off I’d like to apologize (Tara Meisner) for not updating in almost two weeks, I started blogging… I should be better at keeping up with it!!!

Anyways... I’m officially finished with my freshman year of college!!! I am happy to report that it came with everything a first year should come with, haha! Fun classes, football, new friends, success, failure, happy times, sad times, sober, and not so sober times… love, heartbreak, and above all things, a lot of self discovery…. I can honestly say that I will miss it, but I am beyond excited for what this next year will bring!!


(Katie, Heather, Me, and Stacy! At the Halloween tailgate for Cambridge!)

One thing that won’t be present next year that I will miss is the little home that was 318, and I didn’t really realize how many memories I had made while living there until I was packing up all my belongings and taking everything off the walls, it was actually really sad! I lived with my best friend of 9 years (Katie), and two “pot luck” girls that I came to love and adore (Stacy and Heather). It was FULL of random things that only we would have thought were funny or entertaining, everyone had their quirks and habits, but overall I’d say we all worked pretty well together. We had our neighbors across the hall (Nick, Will, DENNIS, and Alfredo) who became some of our really good friends and through Nick we met Amy who is now going to be our neighbor next year and rooming with Tara, Jacks, and Courtney! (a.k.a our other four roommates!)

Now that I’m back to living at my parents house and unpacking everything that I somehow fit into that little dorm of mine, I’m finding all the little pictures that Stacy or Heather had drawn for me, reminding me of everything from my freshman year of school, and then looking around at all the high school ‘memorabilia’ I have accumulated over the years… homecoming mums… pictures… trophies… medals… swim stuff… all hanging in my room it’s funny to think about the fact that I feel old now… I feel like high school was such a long time ago.

This time last year I was getting ready for State for Choir, and getting ready to graduate, and as I see my friends who are seniors this year it is strange to me how excited they are about certain things and over obsess about what outfits they wear for what, it all seems like such a big deal to them right now.. But a year from now they too will be sitting in their beds, at their parents’ homes, thinking about this kind of stuff.

It’s crazy how much I’ve learned in a year, but I wouldn’t trade any of it for anything. It was a crazy year, and I never knew time could fly by quite that fast… and apparently freshman year goes the slowest! I can’t wait to see what the next 3 years will bring, for now though I get to focus on my summer job (nannying Madison and Ryan, my favorite little kiddo’s on this planet!) and starting summer school (Biology…) in 2 weeks! Wish my luck! Haha!

I hope everyone is doing well, and will have a safe, happy, and blessed summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment