Thursday, May 27, 2010

Nannying...

So this summer I am a full-time nanny for THE most precious 4 and 6 year old in the world.. I'll have a blog coming shortly about them! Haha but I just wanted to write one really fast before I forget about the funny moment I just shared with the 6 year old Madison, she and I were cuddled up on the couch, she and her brother Ryan just finished feasting on a delicious meal of scrambled eggs, biscuits, bacon, and fruit haha (oh the joys of breakfast for dinner!) But anyways, Madison and I were cuddled up on the couch, watching the classic movie The Wizard of Oz... well, we were on the scene when they are at the beauty salon area before they make the trek to the wizard, and the horse was changing colors, I was laughing to myself as they 'ooed and ahhed' at the horse changing colors, to them it was incredible and to
me it's just watching very bad special effects. WELL, I decided to enlighten them and ask if they knew that this was the very first color movie shown in the 'cinema' (in those days) and they're like "oh goodness no..." And then Madison turns and looks at me with her huge blue eyes and just says:

"Miss Laura.... were movies invented when you were a little girl?" Haha!!
Ahh this is the first time I truly feel old.

PS! Happy TWENTY FIRST wedding Anniversary to MY BEAUTIFUL MOTHER AND WONDERFUL FATHER!!! I love you both very much and am SO happy you two are my parents and that you have shown the 3 of us what it is like to truly have a wonderful, happy, blessed MARRIAGE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment