Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Time

Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.  ~Norman Vincent Peale
Ah, Christmas time, I thought I'd never see you.
Christmas is my favorite time of year, it seems everyone is happy, the world is more beautiful, FINALS ARE OVER, and I have one whole glorious month to spend at home with my family.

As I sit here on my couch studying for my one last final (7:45 am get at me! I can handle this!) I decided it was time to bust out some peppermint hot chocolate, get the clothes in the dryer, and change the blog to a more festive background. I'd have to say that I'm quite fond of the results myself! 
I also figured while I'm here I ought to blog, right?!

Christmas to me is a time to spend with the ones I love most. I love the traditions that my family has, and I'm beyond thrilled they're all waiting patiently for me to come home to decorate the tree (sorry you're so nekked right now little tree). However, there is always that thought that comes creeping up every year, and don't worry; it isn't a bad thing, just something that has become too much of the focus for the season--> gifts. I know, I know, it's hard not to make that list (Mom-- if you're reading this, Crock Pot and new tabbed Bible! That's it please!) But that isn't the reason for the season!

It is also an awesome time of year to get out of your comfort zone a little and do some service. Your time is one of the most precious gifts you can give a person. There are so many ways to get involved too! Contact your home church and ask if they know anyone in the congregation that is in need, often times the answer will be YES! And how cool is that to give back to someone you sit in church with every week? Personally, I think it's one of the coolest things... ever.


I hope everyone finishes finals STRONG and has a safe drive home to your families!
Love to all.

my life according to ornaments, baby's first christmas, my high school, and college!

No comments:

Post a Comment