Monday, November 1, 2010

November!

Oh my goodness! Time is absolutely flying by, it is already NOVEMBER!
Now, to all those who don't know me-- October is one of my very favorite months, I love when the pumpkin spiced latte's begin to adorn all menu's and the brisk weather comes creeping into the weather forecast and I get to pull out my big, comfy jackets...
Okay, scratch that, October 2010, you failed me in the weather department... This is why I look to you, November, to provide me with the chilly mornings and cool evenings that October did not.

Not to by any means my love for November in previous years, I do love November as well. Of course it brings me one month closer to CHRISTMAS! (53, Days. 1, Hours. 11, Minutes but who is really counting??) But it is also the month of Thanksgiving! I LOVE Thanksgiving (I have a great love for all Holidays... can't ya tell??) and in honor of Thanksgiving I have decided to write a post a day about what I'm thankful for that day. Starting today! Since it is after all, November 1st!

Today I am thankful for my home.
This afternoon I volunteered at the Twin Cities Mission Shelter in Bryan, TX and it just about broke my heart. We were serving food for men, women, children, and elderly; some without a home to go to after they received their meal. It is something you don't often think about if you have a home to go back to at night- I know I don't think about it as often as I should; it was incredible to see how happy, appreciative and thankful they were though to get a smile from 4 sweet girls and a plate of hot food. I challenge everyone who reads this post to get involved in your community. It took about 2 hours of my time on a Monday afternoon to help out a neighbor in need. Instead of watching a movie one day, get out and help! :)

I hope everyone had a wonderful Monday!

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above..."
James 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment